Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Right White

I have read more about white than I care to admit, oh those undertones.  I wanted a white white, not greenish, bluish or pinkish, just WHITE!




After much research and deliberation, I finally decided on Benjamin Moore's Dove White, and I am glad I did.  The pros tell me it has some gray and some yellow in it, and many, in the know, call it their "go to" white.  That's good enough for me!




See, it really is white, and does look just like that in the living room.  The trim is the same color in semi-gloss, can't see that very well.


I'm done painting, but my sofa is still awaiting it's new cushions, so I don't want to reveal my complete, salvage store, target, overstock, creation just yet.  Here is an itty, bitty preview.




I use the off white sheer panels no matter what color the walls are, they work with everything, and they were only two dollars a panel years ago.  I must say in real life, the corner is just as white as the one above.  It does not take on the color of the panels at all, thank you Dove White.


So, all in all, I'm a happy camper, as I sit basking in the glow of my gorgeous white walls!

No comments: