Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wine Bottles

Last night I came across a project  I think I can do.  I don't knit, needlepoint or craft.  If it requires more than paint, fabric and a staple gun, I'm out.  This only involves paint and something I'm going to have to look long and hard around my house for, an empty wine bottle!


If I can paint a lampshade, I can certainly paint a wine bottle.






So,  from what I can see,  I just have to drink the wine, get some blackboard paint and a chalk marker and I'm in business.  I see them with white tapers, personalized with a name, number or monogram.  I will probably use them on the porch or in the garden and make three in different sizes and set them among  some greenery.  I have the vision secure in my mind, I'll make them in the spring.




something2writeabout@wordpress.com/


While on the subject of empty wine bottles, this is neat too.




www.handcraftedbyjanet.com/


I found it in Center Harbor, NH at a shop called YIKES, www.yikesgallery.com/ .  Lo and behold it was made in the great state of Maine by Janet.  Wouldn't it be fun in a darkened corner of your kitchen or bar?  I have the bottle and the lights, but I think I'd best leave this to Janet.


It amazes me what people think of.  In the meantime, I'll just sit myself down, have a glass of wine and paint a lampshade or two.  I've got some bottle emptying to do!

No comments: