Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter and the Masters

I knew my husband and son would have to watch the Masters, so there was no hope of Easter Dinner in the dining room! Put the food out buffet style and eat on our laps in front of the T.V., wouldn't be the first time!


I had til four and it was just noon, I'll come up with something more my style.
So, I got our outdoor table from the barn and coaxed it through many doorways on it's way to the living room.  Sometimes  I got stuck, sometimes the table, you'd think I'd get the hang of it after two or three doorways, not so.


There she is, isn't she purty?




I  now have a naked table sitting in the middle of my living room, think fast!


















Totally thrown together in a matter of minutes.  Never having been one to plan a tablescape, I just pick the colors and run with them. 


I honestly never thought I would pair the napkins my daughter Amy and I bought,  on sale at Anthropologie, during Christmas in Florida, with the drapery panel thrown over the table.  Sooo much pattern, but just look at the colors!


My Goodwill bird plates are perfect and the Christmas Tree Shop green goblets round it all out. The yellow plates are a T.J. find from years ago, and the brass candlesticks are "the little bit of history" I always like to add.


Our dinner at the Masters featured, Chicken Piccata, Roasted Asparagus with Ham, Arichoke Pasta Leaves, Carrots, and yes another carb, my favorite, Potatoes with Olive Oil and Sea Salt.




Everything worked out just fine on Easter Sunday at 117 Second Street.


The boys were happy,  I was happy.  The only thing missing was AMY!!!





No comments: