Monday, December 1, 2014

Very Easy Turkey Roulade

 
 
Believe me, I don't COOK much at all,
and I CAN do this!
 
 
 
 
This is what you start with, a BUTTERFLIED turkey breast.
(I would NOT attempt to debone the breast myself, that's why there are butchers!)
 
 
 
 
I stick the breast between two sheets of TIN FOIL,
and beat the he** out of it with a ROLLING PIN.
(Til it's about 1/2 INCH thick.)
It sort of looks like a HEART, cut it down the center.
REMEMBER, a turkey has two breasts, you get two ROULADES!
 
 
 
 
Then just spread WHATEVER stuffing you like on the flattened breast.
(Leave a little room around the edges, so the STUFFING
doesn't FALL out!)
 
 
 
 
You roll it starting with the LONG side.
I don't have a photo,
WHO can roll and SNAP a photo at the same time?
Have your cooking TWINE handy, and tie her up!
I used that cookie sheet, probably should have looked for a ROASTING PAN.
Now, that's just ONE, you get TWO!
 
 
 
 
It came out just perfectly, after 45 MINUTES to an HOUR at 400 degrees.
(I feel bad that it's not plated beautifully, but the diners were restless!)
 
 
P.S.
I TRULY believe the leftovers taste better, COLD!
 
 
 
 

No comments: