Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Decor


There's a nip in the air up here in Maine and it's time for my porch to welcome fall. I have had these mums  for three weeks or so, I knew it was early but couldn't resist. Don't you just plain get tired of your summer flowers about now?




A small rug, rag or whatever, and the porch is beginning to come together.



A few sticks add some height to the mums.



And a rooster plunks itself down in a planter!







The same old wreath gets pulled out every year,
and looks just fine against my fairly newly painted black front door.




My porch, smack dab in the center of town, changes with the seasons.  How'd I do this fall?




I often turn inside items into outside items and vice versa.  Two mums and a pumpkin were all I needed to add to what I already had! Under $25.00 and it's a wrap!




6 comments:

ValenzMom said...

Your mums are so abundant! And I love your rooster - he's so perfectly black and rusty - just the right colors of autumn, too. Isn't it great how just a few items, plus the cool air, bring the feeling of fall out in us? My hubby went to the store while I was at work the other day and brought home 5 pumpkins! I guess he was already in the fall mood!

Melinda said...

Hi, enjoy your Texas fall and those pumpkins. The crisp fall air is delightful and I am trying very hard to think positively about the months to come! I am going to try really hard not to hibernate this winter...we shall see!

Antique Homes and Lifestyle said...

Hi Melinda! I featured your porch photo on my fall porch inspiration blog post! It looks fantastic. I put a link back to this page. I'm a blogger from NH about Antique Homes.

Christine

Melinda Jennings Interiors, etc. said...

Thanks, Christine, my Maine porch is delighted to be seen among all the other lovely porches.

Beth said...

Your porch is beautiful! Would love to know where you got your candle lanterns and the brackets. I need one of those for my front porch.

Beth said...

Your porch is beautiful! Would love to know where you got your wall mounted candle lanterns and the brackets. I need one of those for my front porch.