Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just a Peek

Can you believe that I haven't finished my living room yet?  My cushionless sofa now has cushions but they haven't been upholstered, even though I've had the fabric for  months, and have an upholsterer all lined up.  Just put the cushions in the car Melinda and take them to Augusta Upholstery, once and for all!


I  will, I promise. I just seem to be more interested in the garden and the porch, and ten other half finished projects, who can blame me?


Since it's raining and I'm playing inside today, thought I'd show you a glimpse of the living room in progress.







I painted the walls White Dove, found a great jute rug at Mardens for $129.00 (9' by 12') and pillowed up my $419.00 down filled, oh so comfortable, sofa. (Remember the sofa was originally over $4,000.00.) Got that cute little blue ikat pillow for $7.00 at T.J.'s (regularly $40.00) and my favorite, the fluffy, fluffy, white pillow at Big Lots for $10.00. The geometric pillow is one of four pillows that came with the sofa, so it didn't cost me a cent. 














The zebra rug is from Fabulous furs, $74.99 (50% off it's original price) and was meant to be in the "little room," but was so lonely on the hardwood floor it befriended the jute in the living room. Oh, and that's the $75.00 beige linen chair from T.J. Maxx.


It's comfortable, and it's fun.


             
          YOU CAN LIVE WELL,
                        WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!
                         
          
                             

No comments: