Thursday, October 15, 2015

One Room Challenge Week Two




I am here to  tell you that I am still in it for week two of the amazing One Room Challenge. Visit  Calling It Home to see how all the participants are doing!


My project is totally Do It Yourself, reusing lots of my stuff and upscaling a piece or two. Let's just say I'll be using a lot of spray paint. I shop mostly at Goodwill and a salvage store here in Maine, so I never know what I'm going to find. But like all good bargain hunters, I can change my plans in a minute  to incorporate the "OMG, I can't believe I found this" item!

I painted and painted and painted my 20' by 15' dining room with 10 foot ceilings last week. That's a lot of ups and downs the ladder for this sixty five year old! It's done, I didn't fall once, and the navy is history!




                   
Unfortunately the fabric I was in love with last week
now bores me to death!




I covered four chair seats and tried really hard to like it, I didn't.

So I'm sort of at a standstill waiting for this guy . . . . 




and hoping that one of a few samples I picked out online will work. 




Hey, I just had a thought, a little leopard would be nice in my dining room.

I just love a little leopard.

Stop by next week, I'll let you know if I've found THE fabric.

In the meantime, take a look at this fabulous wallpaper that will make an appearance
in the room and not on the walls!



My goal this week is to cover the chairs, paint a few pieces and put this Lyford Trellis
to good use!

   



Cheers,
                       Melinda























No comments: