Wednesday, October 21, 2015

One Room Challenge Week Three

Week Three is over and I hope you'll follow along with me and all the other participants by checking out Calling It Home , there's a a lot going on and you are sure to find some great ideas!

I've learned something about myself these past few weeks, my decision making capabilities are not what they used to be!

I've changed my mind so many times about fabric for my dining chairs and the paint color for a piece I am painting that it borders on the ridiculous.

I do think I'm sure (at least as of this minute) that my do it yourself dining room makeover accessorized by Goodwill will include the following.


The leopard fabric is still en route which will give me time to take at least three layers of fabric off the chairs.

I've been playing with that gorgeous Quadrille wallpaper in attempt to fashion it into an item that will solve a long time problem in the dining  room. (Stay tuned, it seems to be working.).                               



I also used a China Seas Woven remnant to upscale a $6.00 piece and it turned out great.


Lowes ran out of my spray lacquer so my chairs are at a standstill.


So this week I'll be finishing up the chairs, I hope, and painting a rather large piece of furniture. I'll also be trying to figure out what to do with the three large windows in the room. I'm using the $10.00 white panels that were already there and adding a little something else.

The walls are light and lots of color has been added, it doesn't look like this anymore.


Remember you can live well without breaking the bank!

                                                           Cheers!

                                                                     Melinda

1 comment:

Thehouseofhampton said...

My dining room looks just like your old one. I'll be following along as you lead the way!
This is going to be good!!!
Sharon
The House of Hampton