Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Like Peonies

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers.  I wait all spring for them to bloom. 


Once they open, amazing.









I mean, is there anything prettier?  Never mind the aroma.  

And then it POURS.  I know you can stake them, but I don't, and never will, so it's a mad dash to save what I can.

In they come,  on the dining room table . . .



and in the front hall at the bottom of the stairs . . .




There is not a candle, spray, or anything else that  can compete with the natural scent of a peony!  The house 
smells delightful!


Happy gardening!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your peonies are so incredibly beautiful! I wish the internet was scratch 'n sniff! Ha! Love the new pic of you, too. Happy Father's Day to your hubby.

Melinda Jennings said...

Thanks from my peonies, myself, and my husband! You are ONE loyal follower!